What to Look for in a VoIP Phone System?
Once you finally decide to abandon traditional communication technologies in favour of VoIP, you need to settle on a VoIP Service Provider. This will take time and a lot of consideration. But once you finally come to the conclusion that we are the only rational choice for you, you must go ahead and identify the […]
Once you finally decide to abandon traditional communication technologies in favour of VoIP, you need to settle on a VoIP Service Provider. This will take time and a lot of consideration.
But once you finally come to the conclusion that we are the only rational choice for you, you must go ahead and identify the sort of VoIP Phone System you need.
VoIP Phone Systems are not all the same. It wouldn’t be accurate to suggest that some are better than others. Rather, it is a matter of necessity. The features you need from your VoIP Phone System are not the same features another company will require.
As such, you have to take your company’s situation into account before selecting a VoIP Phone System. The best VoIP System should adequately match the needs of the business in whose premises it will be installed.
But if narrowing your options down is presenting a challenge, you can start by simply making sure that the following variables and elements are present:
- You have to make sure that the VoIP System you acquire is accompanied by plenty of support. Yes, anyone can use VoIP. The system is simple. However, things are bound to go wrong at some point and you need to know that your service provider is a reliable partner that will walk with you as you struggle to assimilate VoIP technology into your regular business routine.
- Besides customer support, you are going to need Caller ID and Directory Services. In fact, these features are the minimum you should expect from your phone system.
The tools presented to you should enable you to identify the people calling you while also storing your contacts, recording phone calls, missed calls and every other component related to your interactions over the phone.
Directory Services, in particular, are crucial to your administrative and marketing efforts.
- Don’t forget about portability. Make sure the option is available. Yes, there are laws that protect your right to demand that companies port your number whenever you change service providers.
But some firms complicate this process. Make sure you read the fine print. You don’t want to encounter hefty penalties down the line that ultimately prevent you from taking advantage of this option.
- Call Routing is probably the coolest feature that VoIP has to offer. Along with distribution and forwarding, call routing allows you to receive phone calls from any device in the office.
In fact, you can even receive calls aimed towards your business premises when you’re not in the office. There is no point in procuring a VoIP Phone system that cannot offer such convenience.
- What happens when you have to talk to multiple people from multiple departments at the same time? Well, you could always summon them to your conference room. But why bother when the multiparty calling feature allows you to communicate with multiple people at the same time over the phone.
Your business needs this feature. You can rely on its properties to coordinate the activities of your company.
If you have used VoIP before, then you know that these are not the only features that matter. You could also look out for Call Screening, voicemail, and music on hold, to mention but a few.
You don’t have to secure every single feature that VoIP can offer. The key is to make sure that your VoIP Phone System has been adorned with all the capabilities your business requires to overcome its unique challenges.
If you’ve any questions about VoIPer phone systems, please call us on freephone, 0800 332 266.